Friday, April 19, 2013

Gardening Season 2013

I have been very busy this spring--planting, planting, and more planting!

I love the planter boxes Bob built for me last summer.  Our veggies and herbs grow so much better in those than in the clay soil.  Plus, they cut down on weeds.  I have about the same things as last year:  tomatoes, onions, jalapenos, green peppers, beans, peas, carrots, radishes, broccoli, beets, cucumber, zucchini, and corn.  We also have a wide variety of herbs: chocolate mint and mint,  (makes the best tea) parsley, sage, rosemary, thyme, oregano, tarragon, marjoram, jasmine, basil and chives.  Mmmm.....

Last year we sure enjoyed all of our fresh veggies and herbs--but we especially look forward to those fresh cucumber/tomato salads!

We also planted some marigolds in all the planter boxes and some sunflowers as well as a mix of other flowers around the yard.

I never thought of myself as someone with a green thumb--but as each year goes by, we do a little better, gain more knowledge and we have discovered how much we love gardening!

Here are some pictures of the planter boxes Bob built last year:





No comments: